Wednesday 11 May 2011

Soup for one

OK so it's a week later and I still haven't finished that pumpkin and I had a heap of silken tofu left from the pumpkin pie. So, what with it being quite cold I decided to branch out and make up my own soup recipe, and nom nom nom, it was tasty! Please excuse the somewhat terrible photo and try it out. I call it my:


Vegan Fridge Soup

Makes around 3-4 servings.
1 Tbsp. Red Onion
3 Tbsps. Olive Oil
150g Silken Tofu
1-2 Tsp. Oregano
2 Tsp. Ground Coriander
2 Tsp. Ground Black Peppercorns
1 Tsp. Salt
230g Pumpkin
3 Tbsps. Tomato Paste
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
1 1/2 Cups Water
1 1/2 Teaspoons Arrowroot
Method:

Peel and cut the pumpkin into 3cm cubes and steam in the microwave on high for 6 minutes. While the pumpkin is steaming, Sauté the red onion in half of the olive oil. While the pumpkin is steaming, cube the red onion and slice the tofu carefully into strips. Sauté both the red onion and the tofu in the oil with the salt, pepper, coriander, and oregano.
Mix the arrowroot in a cup with about a tablespoon of water until free of lumps.
When the pumpkin's relatively soft mash well. Then add the water, tomato paste, pumpkin and arrowroot mixture to the tofu and onion. Crumbling the stock cube into the mixture.
Stir well until boiling, and add more arrowroot/water mixture if the soup isn't yet thick enough.
Serve with toast and dairy-free margarine.


Luckily, as I made this just for me I still have a lot left over for lunch or dinner tomorrow, and I defiantly recommend trying it. And I promise that it's not just because I made it!!

Lots of Love
              Audrey Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment